Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet Betrayal

It pained my heart to think of it. Why he would do it, I did not know. Had I done anything wrong? Did I ever let him feel like I did not love him? But how could that be? After all these years together....

My heart was heating up, tears curling up in my eyes. I saw a vision of that painful memory that haunted my heart. I saw the way he hugged her, and kissed her. He had not known I was there. If he had seen me, would he have freaked out? What about the girl? Who was she? Where did she come from? Did she know everything about him? Did she know about me? or did she not? Question after question listed in my mind. I had to find the answers. I needed the answers. I had to find out why he had done this to me.

It was New Year’s Eve when we first laid eyes on each other. I had managed to stun him somehow, and he was after me through out the whole night begging for my number. Something about him attracted me. Maybe it was the way he looked at me, or the way he spoke, I did not know. He never left without my number that night. I realized that together with my number he had also taken a part of my heart away with him. Even though it was our first meeting I felt as if I've known him forever.

I couldn't believe the enthusiasm in my own voice on the very first day that he called me. I tried my best to keep my voice calm and cool, but I knew I was doing a very lousy job at it. The more I tried to sound cool, the more excited my voice seemed to be. It was not long before we started dating. We went out for movies, had dinner, and went for parties all together. We could not stay away from each other.

Tears were now rolling down my cheeks as I drowned in my memories. Seeing him with that girl in that way had completely crushed me down. My whole world had crashed in front of my eyes. She had stolen the love of my life away from my heart. Why did she do that? How could she do that? Didn't she know how I felt? I was a girl! Didn't she know how girls felt? Wasn't she a girl herself? I heard my phone ringing in a distance. I chose to ignore it. I mean... How worse could it possibly get? The phone rang and rang. A tiny little voice in my heart told me to pick it up.

In between tears, and with frustration overtaking my heart, I answered the phone. It was a girl on the other side.

"Hi," she said. Her voice sounded distant, and I felt that she too, was a bit upset over something. "I want you to know something," she said.

"Yes?" I said trying my best to sound normal.

"Your boyfriend... I need to tell you something about him," she said. I paused. Was this her? Was she calling me to ask me to back off? I felt like crying harder than ever. I did not want to hear the rest. I did not want to know what she had to say. I wanted to dash the phone on the ground and run off.

"I don't think I want to know anything!" I said. "Please leave me alone!" I could not hide the pain in my voice. My voice was giving up on me.

"You need to know!" she said. "Please don't put the phone down. Please listen to me!"

"What do you have to say?" I screamed at her. "You stole him away from me!"

"No I didn't!" she yelled back. "It was you who stole him away from me!"

I could not believe what I was hearing. We had been together for almost three years now. How could she say something like that? I stole him from her...?

"Listen to me..." she said, "You're having an affair with my husband! We got married five years ago, but fate separated us... And today, after a long hard search, I have finally found him! I thought I had lost him forever!"

"No!" I screamed. This could not be! This could not be true! "It can't be!"

"I'm sorry!" she said. "I really am! Please forgive me and my husband for everything... every tear... every problem we may have ever caused."

I felt the pain in my heart overflow. It slowly turned into hatred. After all the love and support I've given him, he destroyed my life! And she... she had not betrayed me... I had betrayed her! I felt my body go numb. My heart ached and screamed. I saw his face everywhere I looked. I closed my eyes and felt the phone slip off my fingers. With a loud thud it hit the floor. I felt my legs give up on me. I couldn't stand straight. My breath tightened, and my heartbeat was slowing down. In the same way my tears rolled down my cheeks, I felt myself falling... falling... falling... and then suddenly, everything went black!

12 comments:

  1. wow... This is really touching.... Keep up the good work sis:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY ROSH AKKI!!!! WOWWWWW I READ UR FIRST STORY AND IT WAS AWWWWWWWWEEESOME!!!!! :D WONT FORGET TO READ THE REST TOO..HEHE..BRAVOO!!! HOPE U WILL CONTINUE DOING THIS CZ THESE ARE REALLY AMAZING!!! MAY GOD GIVES U LOAADZ F BLESSING AHEAD!! GT A CHANCE TO PROVE UR CREATIVITY HA ? LOL..tc.gbu.:) ...IMANTHI

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice story.. i know dat u cn write emotional stuff well....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!!!this story is rly rly rly rly rly aweome....... superb!!!!! love it!!! keep it up.... May God bless u alwaya.. mwaaaaaaa
    Shenara

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooooooooooooooooooow!!!! disz rly rly Awesome.. Similar2 ma stry...kdn sis
    aw gud luk... Cotinue d gud wrk....:)GBU alwyz....
    OH!!! btw f u cn r8 a stry bout.....lol- Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  6. my God ... This is awesome... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, nice work . . Keep it up. Loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i ddnt no dat u cn wryt lyk diz...anyway cool..sm points r very similar to ma lst afair ...cool gud work....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Rosh... but next time ryt something positive, rather than boot stuf...lol ....anyways Nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey dis is awesome.... keep it up sis... wat u have said is true....really matchin.. u have got it rite.. (Harsha Randeniya)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome Rosh. Keep it up. What is the Next episode?

    (Kaveen)

    ReplyDelete