Friday, November 20, 2009

You are a dream come true

“Go Jeremy!” I screamed as the crowd cheered. I watched eagerly as Jeremy grabbed the ball, and ran, bouncing it along the way. He took a leap towards the basket and the ball flew up in the air. Yes! He made it! The crowd cheered. I jumped up from my seat, my hands meeting as a huge round of applause broke from the crowd. Jeremy had scored the winning point.

Basketball... It wasn’t my favourite sport in the world. However I never missed a match when Jeremy played. He was simply perfect. I loved basketball as long as Jeremy played. I loved basketball as long as I loved Jeremy. There was just one problem. He wasn’t talking to me.

Jeremy and I had been so close few months back, but when he started going out with a girl everything had changed. I did not know who she was, but somehow she had managed to take my Jeremy away from me. I guess it was my entire fault. Did Jeremy even know that I loved him? I guess not... I had never told him how much I loved him. I was too weak, and I had lost him. However I was happy that God had not created me as a selfish person. My happiness didn’t matter. All I wanted was for Jeremy to be happy. Love can never be forced, and I knew that more than anyone else in this entire world. I was happy as long as he was happy.

Ever since that day I had decided to stay away from my Jeremy. I knew it would be so hard and painful, but all I wanted was his happiness, not mine. I had never missed a single match he played, or never forgot to remember him in my prayers. He deserved all the happiness in the world, much more than I did. He deserved to have a loving girl next to him, who will look after him and love him for the rest of his life.

I watched Jeremy as he walked towards the stage to hold on to the championship trophy with his team mates. I smiled and clapped along with the crowd. Suddenly, he turned and scanned through the crowd, as if he was looking for someone. After a few seconds, his eyes rested on me and he looked right into my eyes.

No! He shouldn’t see me! I didn’t want him to think that I was following him. I turned and got off the pavilion, and started walking towards the exit. I didn’t want to ruin his perfect moment. Just as I reached the exit I felt a tight grip on my shoulder.

“Jess, wait! Please!” It was Jeremy.

I felt slightly embarrassed, and I tried to think of a smart answer to say if he asked why I came. But I couldn’t think properly. My mind was completely blank. All I managed to say was, “I have to go.”

“Jess, I’m so sorry!” Jeremy said, as he hugged me. I pulled back, shocked. What was going on? I looked around to see if there was any other girl close by. Didn’t she come to watch him play? Finally my eyes met his. His gaze was something else. A combination of worry, pain, and guilt covered his eyes.

“Are you ok?” I managed to choke out.

“I’ve missed you Jess!” he said. “I’m so sorry I left you! I didn’t realise how much you loved me, and most of all I didn’t realise how much I loved you!” I stared at him, shocked. Tears started curling up in my eyes. I managed to blink them away.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” I asked.
“She’s not here,” he said. “We broke up sometime back.”
“What?” I asked. “Why?”

“Because I realised that you’re the one I love! You’re the one I can’t live without.” Jeremy stared at my eyes when he spoke. Honesty was filled in his eyes. He wasn’t lying. “I do love you! And I can’t ever even dream of living without you. I’m sorry Jess. Will you forgive me, and take me back?”

I wasn’t sure what I felt. I didn’t even know how I should feel. All I knew was that a part of me was extremely happy, that Jeremy had come back, and another part of me was about to explode with tears of losing him in the first place.

“I do love you Jeremy!” I said. “I guess I always have...” He hugged me once again, his arms strongly wrapped around me. I hugged him back.

I never in a million years thought that he would ever speak to me. I never in a million years thought that we would end up together. I do not have words to express how I felt that day, when he told me how he really felt. All I know is that I had never been happier in my entire life ever before. I was extremely happy now, and so was he. We’re together now, and nothing will ever separate us. He was the love of my life, he was my guardian angel, I loved him so much and so did he. This was simply a dream come true.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I LOVE BASKETBALL AND I DON'T LOVE JEREMY! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have talked to me before choosing a CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay...this is great...truly amazing...

    Chinthaka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chikz... Im glad u like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow its nice u did it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes i did. Thanks! n who is this...? Please leave ur name with the comment so I know :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im sorry...i felt really bad after reading this story..this was really touching..it exactly conveys how one would felt in such a situation....:( anyway job well done rosh...your amazing...

    ReplyDelete